PG Lightning Admin and Linux

От Tony Caduto
Тема PG Lightning Admin and Linux
Дата
Список pgsql-general
PGLA now works great on Linux with WINE!!!

I tested with the latest version of wine 0.9.14 and Ubuntu 6.06.
Before today PGLA sort of worked on WINE, it would get AV in several
locations and would raise a AV when closing.
I am happy to say these AVs have been eliminated.  I did some debugging
and discovered that WINE, for what ever reason does not like it when
Delphi changes the border style of forms at run time.  The AVs where
caused because PGLA uses embedded forms in a pagecontrol and at runtime
I was setting the borderstyle to bsnone which just freaked out WINE, the
solution was to simply set this property at design time.  There were
also a couple of instances where I was reusing dialog forms by embedding
them in a nested pagecontrol, a example of this is the maintenance and
dependencies tabs on the table editor.  I solved this by  using  Delphi
frames  and  two  forms, one with a border and the other with no
border.   A Delphi frame allows the contents of a form to be reused via
inheritance.

It's also important that the MS True Type core fonts be installed on you
Linux box or the text in the editors will look nasty.

This new UNOFFICIAL support for WINE will be in build  1053 which should
be available tonight.

My test PC is a older AMD Athlon XP 1800+ and PGLA was very responsive
and very usable, while not as fast as running natively on Windows, it is
very very
usable.

Comments are welcome :-)  No flames though :-)

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: GPL Licensed Files in 8.1.4
От: Brad Nicholson
Сообщение: log_duration - exactly what does it measure?