UTF8 problem

От Matthew T. O'Connor
Тема UTF8 problem
Дата
Re: UTF8 problem  ("Daniel Verite" <daniel@manitou-mail.org>)
Список pgsql-general
I'm using DBMail running against PostgreSQL as my mailstore for our
company network.  I recently converted our company database from
SQL_ASCII to UTF8 as I thought this would be a *good thing*.

The problem now is that I think I'm loosing emails because in my
postgresql logs I get this:
2006-06-08 01:17:05 EDT LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
2006-06-08 01:17:05 EDT ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding
"UTF8": 0xe1202c

This is by far the most common, but I'm getting a few others too such
as, 0xae, 0x85, 0x92 and more...

The basic setup is that Postfix hands the email to a program called
dbmail-smtp which parses and insert the message into the database.
DBMail doesn't know anything about encoding.  I tried setting the
enviornment variable PGCLIENTENCODING=SQL_ASCII in the Postfix startup
script, but that doesn't seem to be making any difference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Matt

От: Chris
Сообщение: Re: date value not geting inserted properly
От: "Matthew T. O'Connor"
Сообщение: Re: UTF8 problem