Re: UTF8 problem

От Matthew T. O'Connor
Тема Re: UTF8 problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Daniel Verite wrote:
> IMHO they fail to draw the proper conclusion, which is that
> either the raw mail should be stored as either as a binary object,
> or as a text field in a database with SQL_ASCII encoding, in both
> cases providing the level of transparency that they need by design,
> their purpose being to store and retrieve the mail, not to check its
> its contents.

They have talked about changing the messageblks to binary instead of
text.  They said that one of their main objections is that bytea data is
not compressed.  I'm not sure that's true, but I don't see anything in
the docs about it.   I think they would move to bytea if it does compress.

От: "pobox@verysmall.org"
Сообщение: php 5.1.4 with PostgreSQL 8.1.4 causes Apache 1.3.36 to core dump
От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Fabian Pascal and RDBMS deficiencies in fully