Re: Question about openSSL

От Tony Caduto
Тема Re: Question about openSSL
Дата
Re: Question about openSSL  ("Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Greg Quinn wrote:
> 1.)     I went to the OpenSSL ste, and tried to download opnSSL, but I
> only saw Linux files. Is OpenSSL supported ni Windows?
>
> 2.)     I am using the Npgsql.NET data provider to connect, but it
> doesn’t support SSL yet, when will it support SSL?
>

> Thanks

Yes, it works on win32 and you can use the two dlls that are included
with any of the GUI clients out there or the ones that come with the
win32 build of Postgresql.

You will need to copy the two dlls (ssleay32.dll,libeay32.dll) to the
same directory where you have your npgsql.net assembly.
You could also put them in your system32 directory, but this will cause
all applications to use those copies which could cause problems.

MS changed the way the DLL search works in later SPs of windows 2000 and
XP.  It always checks the system32 directory first, then the application
directory and this is opposite of how it used to work.  Before it always
checked the app directory first, and this was nice because you could
always include your one copies of the DLLs to make sure your app always
had the correct version, but some stupid malware writer used this to
their advantage and MS had to make the change.

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design

От: "Qingqing Zhou"
Сообщение: Re: Out of memory error in 8.1.0 Win32
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Out of memory error in 8.1.0 Win32