Re: Version/Change Management of functions?

От Kenneth Downs
Тема Re: Version/Change Management of functions?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Michael Loftis wrote:

> OK I know this is an odd question but I'm working on an app that will
> rely more and more on database driven functions, and while the app's
> source is in SVN, and I intend for the source of the SQL scripts to
> also be there, I was wondering...what are people doing for version
> control and change management on their custom (esp PL/pgSQL and say
> PL/Perl) functions?

We went for generating all server-side code out of a data dictionary.
This makes for a significant change in the way change management is handled.

In this scenario change management becomes the analysis of "before" and
"after" data dictionaries.  If the changes are all valid, build the code.

От: Vittorio
Сообщение: How to sample records
От: Jorge Godoy
Сообщение: Re: Version/Change Management of functions?