Re: PostgreSQL rebranding

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: PostgreSQL rebranding
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (elein <elein@varlena.com>)
Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com>)
Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-advocacy
Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:

> I am collecting a list of PostgreSQL rebrands.
>
> So far I have the following:
>
> Illustra, EnterpriseDB, Bizgres, BizgresMPP, Mammoth, Red Hat Database,
> Netezza, parACCEL

Sun's "Thumper" [1] arguably counts at least as much as Netezza does,
in that they're both hardware appliances derived more or less from PostgreSQL.

And not sure if you'd count domain specific apps built on postgresql
like Cisco's CSR / Carrier-Sensitive Routing product[2].  If you
count that there are probably dozens of similar products that are
built on top of a bundled postgresql.

Fujitsu's FSP (Fujitsu Supported PostgreSQL) [3] should probably be
added to your list.   This one's a useful one to remember when you
encounter a pointy-haired boss that wants support from a large
company - you wouldn't want to trust your business to a database that's
only supported by little companies like Oracle, would you? :-)
I think like Netezza they heavily modified postgresql; in this case
with their own storage manager.

[1]http://www.techworld.com/storage/features/index.cfm?featureid=2738
[2]http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/csr/usergd/ver1_1/csrover.pdf
[3]http://www.fastware.com/postgresql.html