Re: A really subtle lexer bug

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: A really subtle lexer bug
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Here's what I will push unless there's something important I missed.

Stylistic nitpick: I don't especially like "continue" as the body of
a for-loop.  How about instead of this:

                for (nchars--;
                     nchars > 1 &&
                     (yytext[nchars - 1] == '+' ||
                      yytext[nchars - 1] == '-');
                     nchars--)
                    continue;

do this:

                do {
                    nchars--;
                } while (nchars > 1 &&
                         (yytext[nchars - 1] == '+' ||
                          yytext[nchars - 1] == '-'));

That's a clearer separation between loop action and loop test, and
it makes it more obvious that you're relying on the loop condition
to be true at the start.

Also, I'm not entirely convinced that replacing the strchr() with
a handmade equivalent is a good idea.  Some versions of strchr()
are pretty quick.

No objections beyond that.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Optional message to user when terminating/cancelling backend
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: JIT explain output