Re: pgbench

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgbench
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Multiline SQL commands are not supported?  Well that sucks, because only
> BUFSIZ chars are read from each line.  In my platform that's 8192, but
> maybe in Simeó's case it's shorter .. or maybe his query really is
> longer than 8192 bytes.

> This smells like a pgbench bug to me.

Yeah, I ran into that line-length limit in pgbench a couple months ago.
We really oughta remove the restriction; seems like that shouldn't be
hard.

I'm less enthused about introducing a multiline-command feature; that'd
require inventing some escape syntax that's not there now, and making it
100% backwards compatible might be hard.

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: pgbench
От: Jaime Casanova
Сообщение: Comparing Oracle vs Postgres Fwd: [ADMIN] Database replication to 50-80 nodes