Re: age() vs. timestamp substraction

От Jean-Paul Argudo
Тема Re: age() vs. timestamp substraction
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi all,

> Where did you get that idea?  age's reference point is current_date (ie,
> midnight) not now().  There are also some differences in the calculation
> compared to a plain timestamp subtraction.

I'm jumping on this thread to point out a little strange thing to me.
CURRENT_DATE, converted (stupidly) as a string *with* hour is "current
date at mid-day":

test=# select to_char(current_date,'YYYY-MM-DD HH:MI:SS');      to_char
---------------------2006-10-06 12:00:00
(1 ligne)

It was a day when I had to debug a strange behaviour in a customer's
(bad) code :-)

Cheers,

--
Jean-Paul Argudo
www.PostgreSQLFr.org

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] timestamp subtraction (was Re: formatting intervals with to_char)
От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: age() vs. timestamp substraction