Re: Do table-level CHECK constraints affect the query optimizer?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Do table-level CHECK constraints affect the query optimizer?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> writes:
> On 6/29/21 11:42 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> If there's a significant difference in relallvisible fractions, that
>> would point to something different in your VACUUM housekeeping on
>> the two systems.

> Prod is brand new.  Loaded on Saturday; we saw this problem on Sunday during
> pre-acceptance.  Thus, while running ANALYZE was top of the list of Things
> To Do, running VACUUM was low.

> Is that a mistaken belief?

ANALYZE won't update relallvisible AFAIR, while VACUUM will.
So if you are depending on lots of IOS, you need a round of
vacuuming.

От: Ron
Сообщение: Re: Do table-level CHECK constraints affect the query optimizer?
От: Mark Dilger
Сообщение: Re: Do table-level CHECK constraints affect the query optimizer?