Re: Does pgAdmin have to double-quote table and

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Does pgAdmin have to double-quote table and
Дата
Re: Does pgAdmin have to double-quote table and  (novnov <novnovice@gmail.com>)
Список pgadmin-support
novnov wrote:
> As far as I can tell pgsql itself does not require table and field names to
> be wrapped in double quotes, but pgAdmin does that by default (at least on
> windows).

PostgreSQL does require you to use double quotes in some circumstances
(for example, if you use upper case letters). pgAdmin automatically
quotes identifiers if you use a name that requires them.
> What's the rationale? I've not found a way to turn this off in
> pgAdmin, is there a way, is it safe to do this?

No, you cannot turn it off, and yes, it is safe as long as you remember
to quote things appropriately outside of pgAdmin. See
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/sql-syntax.html#SQL-SYNTAX-IDENTIFIERS
for more info.

> It's a very nice package, btw, thanks to all of the contributors.

You're welcome.

Regards, Dave

От: novnov
Сообщение: Does pgAdmin have to double-quote table and field names?
От: novnov
Сообщение: Re: Does pgAdmin have to double-quote table and