Re: AutoVacuum on demand?

От Glen Parker
Тема Re: AutoVacuum on demand?
Дата
Re: AutoVacuum on demand?  (Casey Duncan <casey@pandora.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
> Glen Parker wrote:
>> I would like a way to run the autovacuum daemon on demand
>> periodically.   Every night at 2 AM, for example.
>>
>> Anybody know if this is possible?  If not, it's a feature request :-)
>
> Autovacuum can be enabled / disabled on the fly using the GUC settings.
> Perhaps you can write a cron script that runs at 2AM that enables
> autovac, and at 6AM (just a guess) disables it in the same fashion.  I
> think that should work.
>
> Would be curious to hear your results.

I thought it sounded like a good idea, but then...

SET autovacuum = on;
ERROR:  parameter "autovacuum" cannot be changed now

So then I thought maybe I could kind of fool it with...

SET autovacuum_vacuum_threshold = 99999999;
ERROR:  parameter "autovacuum_vacuum_threshold" cannot be changed now

Oh well.

-Glen

От: "Merlin Moncure"
Сообщение: Re: Speed of postgres compared to ms sql, is this
От: novnov
Сообщение: Re: Speed of postgres compared to ms sql, is this