Re: [PERFORM] BUG #2737: hash indexing large tablefails,while

От Julius.Stroffek
Тема Re: [PERFORM] BUG #2737: hash indexing large tablefails,while
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Simon Riggs wrote:
> Do we think there is hope of improving hash indexes?
I thought about this a bit. I have an idea that the hash index might
have the fixed number of buckets specified in create index statement and
the tuples in each of these buckets should be stored in a b-tree. This
should give a constant performance improvement (but based on the number
of buckets) for each fetch of a tuple from index compared to a fetch
from b-tree index.

cheers

Julo

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] BUG #2737: hash indexing large tablefails,while btree of same index works
От: "Thomas H."
Сообщение: Re: xlog lockup patch (was: BUG #2712: could not fsync segment: Permission)