Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition

От Markus Schiltknecht
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> OK, I have updated the title to be "Statement-Based Replication Using
> Middleware".  I personally think statement-based replication only makes
> sense in middleware because when you are in the backend,

I completely agree.

> you have more
> information and can do things better, either by modifying the statement
> or passing actual data rows, like Slony does, so I want to restrict this
> to middleware like pgpool, and Usogres, which was an early
> implementation of this idea.

That's fine and reasonable.

> Am I OK now?

The title and first paragraph are fine.

I'd still say that the second paragraph, about limitations is too pgpool
specific. How's that for sequoia?

And I'm unsure what you mean by mentioning 2PC there. Do you have to
'make sure every transaction commits or aborts' yourself with pgpool? Or
did you just want to mention that pgpool does (and has to do) that for you?

Regards

Markus

От: Markus Schiltknecht
Сообщение: Re: [Pgcluster-general] PostgreSQL Documentation of High Availability
От: Markus Schiltknecht
Сообщение: Re: "Clustering"