Re: Dead-end in PostgreSQL 8.0 fresh installation (while

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Dead-end in PostgreSQL 8.0 fresh installation (while
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> ... But this is strange and unexpected:

>> Also I run a /usr/bin/postgres -V but this doesn't give any results.

Yeah, I thought so too.  I was able to reproduce it just now, though,
with selinux enforcement on (sudo /usr/sbin/setenforce 1).  Currently
running "yum update" to see if it still happens with the latest
selinux-policy-targeted ... if so there will be a bug report opened
soon, and not against postgres ;-)

The quick answer for Jarkko might be to turn off selinux enforcement.
Especially if he's running an old selinux policy --- there were multiple
PG-related bugs in earlier iterations.

От: Devrim GUNDUZ
Сообщение: Re: Dead-end in PostgreSQL 8.0 fresh installation (while
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Dead-end in PostgreSQL 8.0 fresh installation (while