pam_ldap conversation error

От Derrick Stensrud
Тема pam_ldap conversation error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I'm trying to setup postgresql to authenticate using pam_ldap against a windows 2003 Active Directory server.  I have setup accounts on the Active directory and tested the authentication against it using services like local machine login and ssh logins and it authenticates properly.  I edited the pg_hba.conf and added an entry for one of the users, like this:

local   all             derrick3                        pam postgres

I have a file in /etc/pam.d/ called postgres and it looks like this:

auth    required        /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
account required        /lib/security/pam_ldap.so

I have logged into the template1 database and added the user derrick3.  I then tried to run this:

psql -U derrick3 -d template1

it prompts for a password and gives this error after I use the password I setup in Active Directory:

psql: FATAL:  PAM authentication failed for user "derrick3"

if I look in postgresql.log I find this:

LOG:  pam_authenticate failed: Conversation error
FATAL:  PAM authentication failed for user "derrick3"
LOG:  could not send data to client: Broken pipe
LOG:  pam_authenticate failed: User not known to the underlying authentication module
FATAL:  PAM authentication failed for user "derrick3"

Can anyone help put me on the right track?  Thanks.

От: "Rajesh Kumar Mallah"
Сообщение: Re: Adding a column with default value possibly corrupting a functional index.
От: Matthias.Pitzl@izb.de
Сообщение: Re: Troubles with Ident Authetication