Re: How to coordinate web team for security releases?

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: How to coordinate web team for security releases?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Devrim GUNDUZ a ecrit le 05/02/2007 22:53:
> Hello,
>

> On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 20:52 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>> What I need is a non-public list for this, so that I can ask for web
>>> site changes 3-4 days ahead without it becoming a news item.
>> Will that really help? In this case, the files were uploaded to the
>> ftp site long before you made your post to the -www list... Does it
>> really make a difference?
>
> Here is what I have been thinking about this for a while:
>
> * As now, an announce to -packagers about the new release.
>
> * Upload the new tarballs to a private area (instead of public FTP site)
> so that only packagers and other related people can download them to
> build the packages, etc.
>
> * Win32 binaries, source tarballs and RPMs will be uploaded to another
> directory (not to FTP site in developer.postgresql.org) before the
> release.
>
> * After we are done with all of them, (that takes 2 days only), we'll
> move this directory to FTP site and wait for propagation.
>
> Does it look good?

It looks good to me if these are the steps to follow for security
release only. I update the french manual for each release (even minor
ones). Last week, I had some hints that a minor release was going to
happen and I kept an eye on the ftp source server (as I do every time a
minor release is on its way). Saturday, 7.4, 8.0 and 8.1's french
manuals were updated on the SVN repository (see
http://svn.postgresqlfr.org/timeline?from=02%2F03%2F07&daysback=0&changeset=on&update=Update).
And Sunday, 8.2's french manual was updated (see
http://svn.postgresqlfr.org/timeline?from=02%2F04%2F07&daysback=0&changeset=on&update=Update).
Sunday evening or Monday morning (I don't quite remember), I uploaded them.

I completely understand why you want a private area for security
updates. French manual will be available a few days later. But I don't
think other releases should take the same steps. I translate beta and RC
because it gives me much more time to do it. Actually, I have a full
translation available the same day the release is out. And if it was
possible that I have access to this private area, it would be great :)

--
Guillaume.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: Switching to mailman (Re: [Fwd: NDN: Re: [ODBC] Connect without queries?])
От: joe speigle
Сообщение: can a PGfoundry admin respond to my thread on gborg about failed logins