Re: possible TODOs

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: possible TODOs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Am Freitag, 9. Februar 2007 16:45 schrieb Andrew Dunstan:
>
>> . provide encode() for text values in addition to current bytea
>> . proved cast from text to bytea
>>

> I'm not sure how exactly you want to define these, but some possible
> defintions will be dependent on the server encoding, which sounds
> troublesome.

Well, the cast wasn't my suggestion, so I'll let that one slide  -
someone else can pick it up if they like :P .

The encode() suggestion was to have it have the same effect as:   encode(byteain(varcharout(textvalue)),
'encodingtype')

Would it be such a worry to have that dependent on server encoding?

cheers

andrew

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: possible TODOs
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Re-ordering of OR conditions