Re: I'd love to know what the rest of this error message is.

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: I'd love to know what the rest of this error message is.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hannes Dorbath wrote:
> Bill Moran wrote:
>> It's a shame -- I get the impression that the rest of that error message
>> would help you fix the issue, but I don't remember what you can do about
>> it.  Probably something to do with group policy, or some other setting
>> in the security realm.
>

> Try CTRL + C while focus on the error dialog, then paste to notepad.
> That usually works.

FWIW, the complete message comes out of this line:
                snwprintf(errmsg,errsize,__("Your local '%s' group contains
'%S'.\n\nThis is a common configuration error that causes security
issues. For this reason, PostgreSQL will not run until this error has
been corrected."),
                       groupname, lookforsids[j].friendlyname);

(sorry about the linebreaks)

First of all, we should enlarge that buffer :)

But second, I think we can remove the check altogether, now that we in
8.2 will actually start from such an account. We did remove the check
for the actual account being in there... Dave, do you agree?

//Magnus

От: Hannes Dorbath
Сообщение: Re: I'd love to know what the rest of this error message is.
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: ftell mismatch with expected position