Re: pgsql: Bumping catversion due to changes to pg_trigger and pg_rewrite.

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: pgsql: Bumping catversion due to changes to pg_trigger and pg_rewrite.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On 3/20/2007 12:08 AM, Jan Wieck wrote:
> On 3/20/2007 12:00 AM, Neil Conway wrote:
>> Jan Wieck wrote:
>>> BTW, the comment in this file says that we hope we never have more than
>>> 10 catversion changes per day, but to even make this possible we should
>>> start counting at zero, shouldn't we?
>>>

>> The comment says "hopefully we'll never commit ten independent sets of
>> catalog changes on the same day" (not > 10), so the comment isn't wrong.
>> But I guess there wouldn't be any harm at starting at zero...
>
> Since the entire catversion number is used as an integer, counting 0...9
> vs. 1...0 makes quite a difference. And that difference manifests itself
>  >9, not >10.

Sheesh ... yes, rereading your remark I get it. The comment is correct,
because the problem case is "10", no more and no less.

Jan

От: Jan Wieck
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Bumping catversion due to changes to pg_trigger and pg_rewrite.
От: neilc@postgresql.org (Neil Conway)
Сообщение: pgsql: Add three new regexp functions: regexp_matches,