Bulk Data Entry

От Naz Gassiep
Тема Bulk Data Entry
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This problem is to do with bulk loading of data. I use the following
scripts to take data from a live DB and put it into a testing DB with
the current version of the schema:

# SCRIPT 1
pg_dump blogbog -a -D -f blogbog_data.sql
dropdb blogbogtemp
createdb blogbogtemp
psql blogbogtemp -f /www/htdocs/mrnaz.com/sql_tables.sql
pg_dump blogbogtemp -D -f blogbog_tables.sql
cp blogbog_tables.sql blogbog_constraints.sql

I edit the blogbog_tables.sql file to remove the constraints and the
blogbog_constraints.sql file to remove the tables. I then run the
following script:

# SCRIPT 2
dropdb blogbogdev
createdb blogbogdev
psql blogbogdev -f ./blogbog_tables.sql > ./blogbog_tables_inserted.log
psql blogbogdev -f ./blogbog_data.sql > ./blogbog_data_inserted.log
psql blogbogdev -f ./blogbog_constraints.sql >
./blogbog_constraints_applied.log

Somewhere in the insertion of the data (4th line of script 2) there is a
failure, as no data appears in the blogbogdev database. This is likely
due to a column in the live data somewhere that has been deprecated from
the schema causing an insert failure on a table causing failure on all
tables referring to it and so on cascading down the reference paths.

I really would prefer psql to halt on error instead of just continuing
to plow right ahead, but IIRC there was a discussion about this and it
was decided that continuing was the best behavior.

I have grepped the .log files that the script outputs for "ERROR" but
there is none. How would one go about finding where the error in an SQL
script is?
Bulk

От: "Anton Melser"
Сообщение: Re: "sniffing" postgres queries
От: Alban Hertroys
Сообщение: Re: Approximate join on timestamps