Re: Is there a shortage of postgresql skilled ops people

От Tony Caduto
Тема Re: Is there a shortage of postgresql skilled ops people
Дата
Re: Is there a shortage of postgresql skilled ops people  (Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>)
Список pgsql-general
>> The sad reality from what I have observed is that unless more people gain
>> those skills and want to work in ops, it's becoming very hard for me to
>> justify recommending postgresql for enterprise (or larger) scale projects.
>>
>> What do others  do and/or experience?

I think there are people around, but maybe they don't want to move etc.

If a PostgreSQL job where ever to show up in Milwaukee, I would apply
for it in a heartbeat.

Another thing is this, how hard could it possibly be for a MS SQL DBA or
Oracle DBA to pick up using PostgreSQL?
I don't think it would take a decent admin of any database to come up to
speed in a very short time as long as they were interested in doing so.

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design

От: Joseph S
Сообщение: redhat debug info
От: "Simon Riggs"
Сообщение: Re: Priorities for users or queries?