postgresql.conf file for PostgreSQL 8.2.3

От Eugene Ogurtsov
Тема postgresql.conf file for PostgreSQL 8.2.3
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Please help me to set up optimal values in the postgresql.conf file for PostgreSQL 8.2.3

Can you please give us an advice, which of your DBs and which configuration should we take for a project that has the following parameters:
  1. DB size: 25-30Gb
  2. number of tables: 100 - 150
  3. maximum number of records for one table: 50 - 100 millions
  4. avarage number of records for one table: 3 - 5 millions
  5. DB's querying frequency: 150-500 per minute
  6. SELECT/INSERT/UPDATE correlation is equal
  7. DELETE operations are performed rarely

Server Hardware:
  • 2x Xeon 2.8Ghz
  • 6GB RAM (2 GB for OS and DB, 4GB for Application)
  • RAID-10 w/ 6x72GB 15.000rpm HDDs

--
Thanks,

Eugene Ogurtsov
Internal Development Chief Architect
SWsoft, Inc.

От: Peter Schuller
Сообщение: Re: Scaling SELECT:s with the number of disks on a stripe
От: Ron Mayer
Сообщение: Re: SCSI vs SATA