pg_dump and pg_restore not working properly for 8.1

От Pavlos Stamboulides
Тема pg_dump and pg_restore not working properly for 8.1
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
I found and resolved an issue.

It is interesting and will surely save a lot of time to many people.

The latest pgAdmin version (1.6.3) comes with the latest
pg_dump/pg_restore executables (from 8.2.3). At least in Windows, when
trying to do operations on a 8.1 server, the files it generates and then
tries to restore will fail with many errors. My messages had to do
especially with the "owned" keyword not being recognized and subsequent
error messages for undeclared objects followed.

To fix this, I found the binaries (pg_dump.exe/pg_restore.exe) from
postgres 8.1 and replaced them in the pgAdmin installation. It worked
like a charm.

Hope it proves useful to some people.

Should a compatibility version of pg_dump be included in future versions
of pgAdmin?

Should such info make it in the FAQ or manual?

Greetings,
Pavlos

От: George Heller
Сообщение: Re: Server not listening
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump and pg_restore not working properly for 8.1