Re: collision in serial numbers after INSERT?

От Steve Lefevre
Тема Re: collision in serial numbers after INSERT?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bill Moran wrote:
> Don't do that. Please let us know what site recommended that so I can
> send an email to the author correcting them.

Hello Bill -

The 'offending' site and article is at
http://www.sitepoint.com/article/site-mysql-postgresql-2/3

> Instead, do SELECT currval('<seqname>'), which is guaranteed to be isolated
> from other sessions.

I've also gotten other advice to SELECT next_val ( whatever the exact
wording is) will reserve that serial number for you. Is that true?

So l
> If you use the code above, sooner or later you're going to get bit.

Thanks!

От: Lew
Сообщение: Re: Delete with subquery deleting all records
От: Lew
Сообщение: Re: There can be only one! How to avoid the "highlander-problem".