Re: plperl and/or insert trigger problem

От Bart Degryse
Тема Re: plperl and/or insert trigger problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Using DBI->err was a leftover from earlier testing. $dbh_pg->err is of course better. But it doesn't solve the problem.

I'm not sure what you mean with your second remark.
The call to my function ( SELECT dbi_insert3(); ) is one transaction I suppose.
According to the documentation on execute_for_fetch (http://search.cpan.org/~timb/DBI-1.48/DBI.pm#execute_for_fetch) however
an execute is done for every fetched record and @tuple_status should contain the error message associated with each failed execute.

>>> Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> 2007-06-06 12:19 >>>
I don't think this is the cause, but you're using DBI->err|errstr - do
you not want $dbh_pg->err|errstr? Otherwise, you can't identify
different errors on the oracle vs pg connections.

Second - it's not just that your function does the inserts in the
context of a single transaction, is it? That would mean you're just
seeing the original error repeated.

От: Marco Colombo
Сообщение: Re: PITR Base Backup on an idle 8.1 server
От: Marco Colombo
Сообщение: Re: PITR Base Backup on an idle 8.1 server