Re: querying the age of a row

От brian
Тема Re: querying the age of a row
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Lonni J Friedman wrote:
> Unfortunately, its too late now.  The database (and its tables) have
> been around for a while, so even if I added this column, it wouldn't
> help me for the thousands of pre-existing rows.  Thanks though.

Please don't top-post.

Assuming that the majority of the pre-existing rows are more than 24
hours old, there probably wouldn't be any harm in altering the table
with the new column and assigning all present rows the timestamp for the
moment you do this. Then just wait at least 24 hours before doing
whatever it is you wish to do.

Not perfect, but it doesn't seem like it would be a problem.

brian

От: Jeff Ross
Сообщение: Re: Generate random password
От: Guy Fraser
Сообщение: Re: Creditcard Number Security was Re: Encrypted column