Re: Record Types Structure in PL/pgSQL

От Bart Degryse
Тема Re: Record Types Structure in PL/pgSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Impossible in plpgsql. Use plperl instead.

>>> "Diego Sanchez R." <dmsanchezr@gmail.com> 2007-06-08 14:14 >>>
Hi there.

Is there any way of determining the actual structure of a record variable? E. g. I've written a small script to do some calculations  over some fields with a dinamically generated query. It looks like this:

create function foo(text) returns void as
$$
declare
a_record record;
my_query alias for $1;
begin
for a_record in execute my_query loop
-- Do some calculations
end loop;
return;
end;
$$
language plpgsql;

The question is: how could I possibly get the field names and other information about the record
a_record? I appreciate any suggestions or tips about this.

Best regards.

--
Diego M. Sánchez

От: "Diego Sanchez R."
Сообщение: Record Types Structure in PL/pgSQL
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Apparent Wraparound?