Re: PGSQL development tools. Any advice?

От Kenneth Downs
Тема Re: PGSQL development tools. Any advice?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
in the shameless self-promotion department, I'm rather fond of my own
tool, Andromeda.

http://www.andromeda-project.org

 From your post, I think that you will be impressed with our dependency
tracking, change management, and overall build abilities.  It was born
on Linux, I'm typing this reply in Ubuntu.  It is gnome/kde agnostic.

What you may not like is that, because it builds all components out of a
data dictionary, it actually has no facility for managing the creation
of stored procedures.  It assumes that everything important is in the
spec, and it uses the spec to build tables and triggers.

View management is the big missing piece, I simply have not gotten to it
yet, so I have queries in client code.  I've recently begun to ponder
the form of views, but can't promise anything.  I am still looking for
that first contributor though (hint hint).

Bottom line, it was designed to handle systems of hundreds of tables
based on my experience as system architect of similar systems.  To get
to my goals I threw away some things that people may be surprised to
find missing, but the strategy played out and I got to where you want to
go, though perhaps not by the route you might expect.

--
Kenneth Downs
Secure Data Software, Inc.

От: David Fetter
Сообщение: Re: Distributing PostGres database to various customers
От: Adam Witney
Сообщение: Re: Date style handling changes between 7.4.12 and 8.2.4