Re: problems installing postgresql 8.0 on Mac OS

От jbar@es.co.nz
Тема Re: problems installing postgresql 8.0 on Mac OS
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
John DeSoi <desoi@pgedit.com> wrote:

>/sw is just for Fink, so I would expect nothing to go there
unless
you are using Fink.

Ah! Thanks, John.

>Which package did you download from sourceforge? I notice
there are
several variations and some might only have the client
tools. It
looks like you want the "PostgreSQL Unified Installer".

That's the one.

>I downloaded the startup item package. It appears to
install the
server in /Library folder. Here is the startup line:

>su -m postgres -c '/Library/PostgreSQL8/bin/pg_ctl start -D
/Library/
PostgreSQL8/data -l /Library/PostgreSQL8/log/PostgreSQL8.log
-o -i'

Thanks again! You're quite right, I didn't think to look in
/Library, but there it
is! However, when I try that command of yours, I get a
password query, but it
doesn't accept my password. How do I find out the correct
password for
super-user? My account is admin, & I earlier created a
postgres administrator
account (because I was told that a postgres user already
existed, even though
it doesn't show up in the accounts. I tried running your
command but
preceded by sudo instead, but terminal said I had illegal
option -m.

Sorry that my questions are so basic, and thanks for any
further help you may
offer.

Cheers!

Joe

От: John DeSoi
Сообщение: Re: problems installing postgresql 8.0 on Mac OS
От: John DeSoi
Сообщение: Re: problems installing postgresql 8.0 on Mac OS