PHP sucks!! - was: persistent db connections in PHP

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема PHP sucks!! - was: persistent db connections in PHP
Дата
Re: PHP sucks!! - was: persistent db connections in PHP  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: PHP sucks!! - was: persistent db connections in PHP  ("Erick Papadakis" <erick.papa@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 16/06/2007 16:46, PFC wrote:

>     Also note that PHP, being PHP, sucks, and thusly, will not reconnect
> persistent connections when they fail. You have to kick it a bit.

I've seen similar negative comments before on this list about PHP, and
I'm curious to know what informs them.

I use PHP quite a bit, and though I wouldn't claim to be any sort of an
expert, I like it a lot: IMHO it's powerful, fast and easy to use. Mind
you, I came to PHP from an ASP/VBscript background, so anything would
have been an improvement.

Having said that, the main gripes I would have with PHP are (i)
variables aren't strongly typed, which can bite you unless you're
careful, and (ii) you don't have to declare variables before using them,
which can also cause trouble - in VBScript you have "option expicit"
which forces you to declare your variables; I'd like to see something
similar in PHP.

Apologies if this is off-topic for this list, but I'm curious as to why
others reckon that PHP sucks.....

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

От: PFC
Сообщение: Re: allocate chunk of sequence
От: PFC
Сообщение: Re: INSERT ... RETURNING in v8.2