Re: about cursors

От Ottavio Campana
Тема Re: about cursors
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
>> One last question: what happens to unclosed cursors? I mean, suppose an
>> application opens a cursor and crashes. What happens to that cursor? Is
>> there a way to close idle cursors?
>
> Cursors are attached to the transactio and session, if either ends, the
> cursor dies with it...
>
> Have a nice day,

another question:

since they live in a transaction, how can they be used in web apps?
Suppose you want to display only a subset of records a time in a page,
each time you load a page you have to start a new transaction and
therefore you need a new cursor, or not?

--
Non c'e' piu' forza nella normalita', c'e' solo monotonia.

От: "Andrej Ricnik-Bay"
Сообщение: Re: PHP sucks!! - was: persistent db connections in PHP
От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: What O/S or hardware feature would be useful for databases?