Re: 8.2.3 PANIC with "corrupted item pointer"

От Hannes Dorbath
Тема Re: 8.2.3 PANIC with "corrupted item pointer"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Henk - CityWEB wrote:
> I can't wait to get a decent master/multi-slave setup going where I can
> turn fsync on and still get semi-decent performance...

I don't see how replication can help you with fsync performance
problems. Controllers with battery backed write cache are cheap. What is
the point of disabling fsync these days?

--
Best regards,
Hannes Dorbath

От: "John D. Burger"
Сообщение: Re: Aggregates
От: Hannes Dorbath
Сообщение: Re: Experiences of PostgreSQL on-disk bitmap index patch