Re: Increase limit on max length of the password( pg versions < 14)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Increase limit on max length of the password( pg versions < 14)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Vik Fearing <vik@postgresfriends.org> writes:
> On 7/18/23 11:30, mahendrakar s wrote:
>> We have encountered an issue (invalid message length) when the
>> password length is > 1000 in pg 11,12,13 versions.

> The third option is to upgrade.

Yeah.  I don't see any good reason to consider this behavior change as
something other than a new feature.  Also, the proposed patch is
effectively cherry-picking one single line of the combined effect of
two rather large patches (67a472d71 and 9626325da).  I'm unconvinced
that it does very much of use without the rest of those patches; but
we are most certainly not back-patching 67a472d71.

От: Alena Rybakina
Сообщение: Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes
От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Giving more detail in pg_upgrade errormessage