Re: User concurrency thresholding: where do I look?

От David Boreham
Тема Re: User concurrency thresholding: where do I look?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Tom Lane wrote:
> Having malloc/free use
> an internal mutex is necessary in multi-threaded programs, but the
> backend isn't multi-threaded.

Hmm...confused. I'm not following why then there is contention for the
mutex.
Surely this has to be some other mutex that is in contention, not a heap
lock ?

It'd be handy to see the call stack for the wait state -- if the thing
is spending
a significant proportion of its time in contention it should be easy to
get that with
a simple tool such as pstack or a debugger.

От: "Gavin M. Roy"
Сообщение: Re: Postgres configuration for 64 CPUs, 128 GB RAM...
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: User concurrency thresholding: where do I look?