Re: Rule updates and PQcmdstatus() issue

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD
Тема Re: Rule updates and PQcmdstatus() issue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> What is the difference
> between a trigger, a rule and an instead rule from a business process
> oriented point of view? I think there is none at all. They are just
> different techniques to do one and the same, implement
> business logic in the database system.

The difference is how other db's work. They all ignore triggers and constraints
in the sqlca.sqlerrd[2] "number of processed rows" count, that I see identical to our
affected rows count. They all have views, but not many have rules :-) Pg's "instead rules"
are the toolkit for views, and as such need special handling, imho.

Andreas

От: "Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD"
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Solving the "Return proper effected tuple
От: Karel Zak
Сообщение: Re: PREPARE code notes