Re: Rename latestCompletedXid to latestCommittedXid

От Florian G. Pflug
Тема Re: Rename latestCompletedXid to latestCommittedXid
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> "Florian G. Pflug" <fgp@phlo.org> writes:
>> Per my post to the hackers list, here is a patch that renamed
>> latestCompletedXid to latestCommittedXid, and updates it only
>> on commits.
>
> This is wrong --- it will break early detection of aborted
> subtransactions.

I don't see how - TransactionIdIsInProgress doesn't even touch
latestCompletedXid. And I didn't mess with XidCacheRemoveRunningXids,
other than removing the latestCompletedXid updating.

Am I missing something?

greetings, Florian Pflug

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Rename latestCompletedXid to latestCommittedXid
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Rename latestCompletedXid to latestCommittedXid