Re: [pgsql-novice] Daily digest v1.2311 (11 messages)

От Bruce Hyatt
Тема Re: [pgsql-novice] Daily digest v1.2311 (11 messages)
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
--- On Fri, 10/17/08, Ron <rjpeace@earthlink.net> wrote:

> >We plan to set up the whole thing on gentoo. A good
> idea?
> >
> Potential maintenance nightmare.  You better have a real
> linux guru
> on staff and feel comfortable with the idea of compiling
> your entire
> OS from source from scratch.  OTOH, if done right, a gentoo
> distro
> custom compiled for your HW will likely be one of the best
> performing
> distros.  ?IF? you do EVERYTHING right.
>
> For most circumstances, there are better open source
> distros for a DB server.

I'm not familiar with Gentoo but I have been running a web server for the last year on CentOS 4 and have no complaints.
Itis an open source version of Redhat Enterprise. I have had no problems with bugs and it has required minimal
updating.

Bruce Hyatt

http://mail.yahoo.com

От: Ron
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-novice] Daily digest v1.2311 (11 messages)
От: "Stefan Murphy"
Сообщение: Re: "timestamp without timezone" and at "time zone"