Re: How install postgreSQL in another drive than C:?

От Guy Rouillier
Тема Re: How install postgreSQL in another drive than C:?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Josi Perez wrote:
> I'm trying install postgreSQL in an external HD, but I don't know how to
> change the root directory.
>
> By default the installation uses drive C:
> Is it possible to change to F: (for example)?

Sure.  Although you don't identify which version you are trying to
install or the platform you are trying to install on, you mention "drive
C:" so we can safely assume that you are talking about some version of
Windows.  We can hopefully assume since you are at this stage of the
game that you are using the prebuilt binary with installer.  In that
case, when you see the "Installment options" pane during the
installation, look at the bottom of the window.  You should see "Current
location" with a destination of "C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\<version>\".  Click the Browse button and change the
destination.

--
Guy Rouillier

От: "Josi Perez"
Сообщение: How install postgreSQL in another drive than C:?
От: Martin Marques
Сообщение: Bitmap Heap scan 8.1/8.2