Re: Better I/O throughput? (was Re: create tablespace - cannot runinside a transaction block)

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Better I/O throughput? (was Re: create tablespace - cannot runinside a transaction block)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 2019-09-25 at 14:40 -0500, Ron wrote:
> > No, normally you don't create tablespaces in PostgreSQL.
> > They are a few use cases for them, but not many.
>
> Do I/O requests in the Linux kernel get "backlogged" when they all
> hit the
> same device?  Or would you get better throughput (or less latency)
> by
> spreading the load across multiple devices?

Sure, spreading I/O across multiple devices is one use case for
tablespaces.  But usually this is easier to do by striping a
logical volume across several physical volumes at a lower level.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Bashir Jahed
Сообщение: AWS IAM Role Authentication Integration
От: Ekaterina Amez
Сообщение: Files overwritten when installing v9.6 in machine with v8.4previously running