Re: [SPAM] Re: Training events policy ... first test case

От Chander Ganesan
Тема Re: [SPAM] Re: Training events policy ... first test case
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Dave Page wrote:
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>

>> - --On Sunday, November 04, 2007 01:53:35 -0400 Chander Ganesan
>> <chander@otg-nc.com> wrote:
>>
>>> In the next six months, there are <link>21 events</link> in 4 countries
>>> from 13 different companies, including PostgreSQL Administration, and
>>> PostgreSQL
>>> Database Implement ion and Performance Tuning events.
>>
>> You'd need to go something like:
>>
>> Over the next 6 months, there are <link>21 courses</link> being
>> offered in 4 countries, split up as:<p>
>> <ul>
>>   <li> 3 - Administration
>>   <li> 2 - Implementation
>>   <li> 9 - Tuning
>> </ul>
>>
>> Or something like that ...
>
> That would require a much more significant redesign of the way we
> handle events which is not something I have time for atm
> unfortunately. For the record, I think we'd want to properly seperate
> them from the other events and allow them to be categorised in one or
> more categories (a single course might cover multiple topics).
I think perhaps not.  We already have course titles...and vendors
consistently use the same name for their courses.  We could simply take
the course names, their counts, and when the most recent of any
particular group of courses (start date) is.  Then list the three most
recent (in terms of start date) along with a count as to the number of
times they are offered...

Like: Upcoming courses:

PostgreSQL Administration (14 events)
PostgreSQL Cool Tricks and Stuff (3 events)
PostgreSQL for Dummies (1 event)
plus 4 Other events...

If you can send me some DDL I can write up a sample query...

> /D

Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.
One Copley Parkway, Suite 210
Morrisville, NC  27560
Phone: 877-258-8987/919-463-0999
http://www.otg-nc.com

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Chander Ganesan
Сообщение: Re: Training events policy ... first test case
От: "Marc G. Fournier"
Сообщение: Re: Training events policy ... first test case