Re: change to interfaces.html

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: change to interfaces.html
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Dave Page wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Yes, which is a constant cause of debate when used with a driver, for
> example:
>
> - The discussions that have cropped up yet again a week or two back on
> the ODBC mailing list.

We are not attorneys. It is under what is probably the most prevalent
FOSS license.

> - The general Open Source community's annoyance at MySQL GPL'ing their
> drivers precisely because they want people to pay for the non-GPL licence.

Uhh, how does that have *anything* to do with this? This isn't MySQL.

And guess what... MySQL has every right to do with what they want with
their code. It is no the communities business regardless of what all of
us dirty hippies would like think.

>> There is no different between ODBC and ODBCng except your ridiculous
>> and ignorant attitude.
>
> You are expecting the PostgreSQL Community to not favour it's own driver
> on it's own website over one maintained by a third party company? Thats
> not at all ridiculous.

Uhh... no. I never said that and you should know better. However,
Alphabetical order is not favoritism. Putting it in bold and saying "Hey
this is the Command Prompt driver", would be favoritism.

> I can just imagine what you would say if I tried to push an EDB product
> over an community one *on the community website*.

If it was just an alphabetical listing of "OPEN SOURCE" software, then I
would not have a problem with it.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: change to interfaces.html
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Update of web site for alias name