Re: [HACKERS] Time to update list of contributors

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Time to update list of contributors
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> yeah well - the release notes do not make that good a reference on the
> "who submitted patches" question anyway because the do not contain stuff
> that are mere compile failures or add support for additional
> platforms/cleanups) of new features (ie my patches to add GSSAPI support
> to OpenBSD/Solaris or things full text command/tabcomplete support in
> psql).
> So in effect that list might more correctly be called a "feature
> contributor list"

Agreed - and that's exactly why Hiroshi got left off I think. His work
included lots of testing and subsequent platform specific build fixes
and code cleanup/fixes.

I should also point out that the contributor list has always included
people who have contributed to non-core community projects in the past
as well - psqlODBC, the JDBC driver, pgInstaller, pgAccess, pgAdmin,
infrastructure/web etc.  so Josh's update should not necessarily remove
those people (though an argument could be made for giving those people
their own section).

/D

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Time to update list of contributors
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: subject encoding not decoding on list search