Re: [HACKERS] Time to update list of contributors

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Time to update list of contributors
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Not to mention there don't seem to be any defined rules. I asked Berkus
> and his reply was, "It has always been a little fuzzy". I asked Devrim
> and he gave me 5 bullet points that don't quite make sense.

Not sure what Devrim is referring to, but most often in the past Rob (or
someone else) has proposed changes to -core which we've said yay or nay to.

> Further I think this list is in the wrong place. It is
> under /developers which to mean is most intuitive to information "for"
> developers not a listing of them.

Maybe. Where else would it go?

> I think the listing should probably go under about/contributors and
> under contributors would be:
>
>    Core <-- this is obvious
>    Committers <-- this is obvious the only question is it only
> committers to the source tree or do we want to give equal billing to
> the -www guys (I think yes to equal billing)

Actually we've previously agreed (in -core) that we do not want to list
committers for various reasons. Yeah, I know the list isn't too hard to
figure out, but we don't want to advertise it.

>    Members (really I think this should be contributors but then it is
> duplicative)

Why not Hackers? Noone is a 'member' of anything except core or mayber
the web/infrastructure team.

/D

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Time to update list of contributors
От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Time to update list of contributors