Re: 60 Seconds to connected to Postgresql using ODBC or PGAdmin

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: 60 Seconds to connected to Postgresql using ODBC or PGAdmin
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Richard Broersma Jr wrote:
> --- On Wed, 11/28/07, Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> wrote:
>> Name lookups. Something is trying to look up a name, failing and
>> it's timing out after 60 seconds.
>
> It seems the OP's connection string was set to localhost.  Would this
> still indicate a Name Loopup problem?

That would make it unlikely.

The only other option that occurs to me would be some firewall type of
package that's taking a long time to allow a connection. It would be an
odd bit of security software that timed out and then *allowed* the
connection to proceed.

Hmm - it looks like the wireshark network sniffer is available for
Windows (http://www.wireshark.org/) - I'd be tempted to install that and
connect to an external IP and see what packets go where. That will save
a lot of head-scratching.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

От: Peter
Сообщение: Re: 60 Seconds to connected to Postgresql using ODBC or PGAdmin
От: "Gregory Williamson"
Сообщение: Re: Why upgrade?