Re: HA and Replication - how to choose among all the available solutions

От Pascal Cohen
Тема Re: HA and Replication - how to choose among all the available solutions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 09:57:30AM +0100, Pascal Cohen wrote:
>

>> What kind of hardware solutions do you know ? - I will look on my own
>> what I can find.
>>

> Have a look at the discussion in the 8.3 manual, about shared disk and block
> level replication:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/high-availability.html

Thanks
I had a look to that page. Shared disk seems nice, but I suppose one
needs fast connections like fiber channels ? What is the impact on I/O
and general DB perfs ? - Sorry if my question is stupid - not an expert
on such things.
And I suppose it is not very cheap ;)

От: Andrew Sullivan
Сообщение: Re: HA and Replication - how to choose among all the available solutions
От: "Josh Harrison"
Сообщение: uninstall postgres 8.2