Re: postgres writer process growing up too much

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: postgres writer process growing up too much
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Heiner Vega wrote:
> Hi to everyone
>
> I've been monitoring my postgres processes and I noticed that the resident
> memory
> size of the writer process is growing up too much.

> YESTERDAY:
>
>  PID   USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR  S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND

> 11419 postgres   15   0  155m  112m 112m S  0.0  3.0   0:00.49 postgres:
> writer process
>
> TODAY:
>  PID   USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR  S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND

> 11419 postgres   15   0  155m  140m 139m S  0.0  3.7   0:01.09 postgres:
> writer process

Notice the "SHR"=shared value. That's 155MB virtual memory, 140MB of it
resident of which 139MB is shared with other processes. So - nothing to
worry about.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

От: "Heiner Vega"
Сообщение: postgres writer process growing up too much
От: Gregory Stark
Сообщение: Re: mssql migration and boolean to integer problems