Re: postgres UTC different from perl?

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: postgres UTC different from perl?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when trying:
>
> psql template1 -c "select  date_part('epoch',current_date at time zone 'UTC');"
> date_part
> ------------
> 1198015200
>
> the result is different from
>
> perl -MDateTime -le 'print DateTime->today(time_zone => "UTC")->epoch;'
> 1198022400
>
> Is there an issue with postgresql?

Well, there's one of 3 possibilities:

1. PostgreSQL's date/time code is broken.
2. Perl's DateTime module is broken.
3. One of those bits of code doesn't do what you think it does.

I'm not sure that (CURRENT_DATE AT TIME ZONE 'UTC') does what you think
it does. Try setting your timezone to various offsets and exploring.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

От: "Sean Z."
Сообщение: Re: Deploy postgres - upgrade strategy
От: Robert Treat
Сообщение: phpPgAdmin 4.2-Beta-1 translation status