Re: foreign key constraint, planner ignore index.

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: foreign key constraint, planner ignore index.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Andrew Nesheret wrote:
> Richard Huxton wrote:
>> Richard Huxton wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm putting together a small test case to see if I can reproduce your
>>> behaviour here.
>>
>> Does the attached small script misbehave in the same way as your real
>> data? From here it works fine when the fkey is ON ... RESTRICT.
>>
>> I'm right in thinking that your "nodes" fkey is RESTRICT on update and
>> delete?
>>
> You script is worked fine on same database, where is difference?

Good question. There *must* be a difference. Why can't either of us see it?

1. Try adding another 5 million rows to the test "traffic" table and see
if that makes any difference. It shouldn't.

2. Run a "vacuum verbose sf_ipv4traffic" and see if there's a lot of
dead rows. I shouldn't have thought there are.

We might want to move this to the performance mailing-list, and see if
anyone has an idea over there.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Quick Regex Question
От: Glyn Astill
Сообщение: Slony I - removing a replication set