Re: Overblogging etc

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Overblogging etc
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 14:24 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> Simon Riggs wrote:
>>> I think its time we put some restrictions on what gets put on the front
>>> page of the web site in blogs as well as other things. Since I don't
>>> have a blog currently, it makes me slightly more objective in this.
>> Right. So when *will* we see your blog? (Honestly, I do think you would
>> be able to be a very good contribution to planetpostgresql!)
>
> Thanks very much. To be honest, I've been dissuaded from doing so
> because the blogs don't stay there long enough to be read by anybody. Or
> so it seems to me. I'll have a bash next week.

Don't be. As Bruce said, the vast majority of people will be reading the
posts directly off your blog, or off the automatic feed on
planetpostgresql.org. *not* off the www.postgresql.org frontpage. That
one is really just to make people realize there is a lot of good content
produced on planetpostgresql.org that they should subscribe to.

So, if you have some content ideas, go for it! I for one will certainly
be reading it ;-)

>>> Blogs
>>>
>>> I suggest we allow 1 blog per week per person and that the blogs must be
>>> about something constructive, not just a one liner about getting out of
>>> the bath or other trivial subjects. Since we have only a few blog slots
>>> it's a shame when long useful blogs are replaced by trivial ones.
>> I strongly object to this. We should encourage *more* blogging, not less.
>
> I agree with more blogging, but I think we must avoid clogging.
>
> I've not seen anyone write an interesting blog that comes out almost
> daily, so I don't think once per week is restrictive on the types of
> content we really want to see. It can be a guideline.

I have. More than once. And certainly people that post more than once a
week with very interesting material.

Most blogs don't post on a schedule. They post whenever the person feels
like it / has time to post. If we say "max 1 per week" that'll just make
life harder on them.

The solution is t have more people blogging, so this won't happen :-)

//Magnus